Building a new is a herculean task. It needs a lot of financial and resource management. Most of all how you will be building that house. Unless you are an architect or builder yourself, you cannot build that home on your home. As building home in cities nowadays is not building a cabin in the countryside. It required a lot of paperwork, the involvement of labour, materials and quality construction. You have to find a reliable new home builder, how will be performing all the activities son your behalf. But finding a good new home builder is not that easy. Especially if you are building home for the first time and never had any previous experience of such project then you have been vigilant and careful. Because wrong decision in selecting a builder can lead to financial disaster for you.
Take a breath, it is a tough decision but there are certain parameters if you will be worked on them properly, you will be making a well-calculated decision about the builder
- Research the market around you. Try to get the list of all the builder in your area and also check their specialization. Many builders are more in commercial project and others in housing. So, select the one you need i.e. housing
- Check their credentials like licenses and registration with accredited bodies. Also, research their experience in a particular field. Sometimes it can also help if you can know about their financial condition and size of the company.
- Always look for references. Ask the people around you about the builder they have been working in past. You can also check the reference given by the builder on their website. Call some of them to get feedback about the quality of work delivered by their builders. This will help you to narrow down your list to 2-3 builders
- Then visit the past work of your shortlisted builders. It will help you know what the quality of work is done by a particular builder. Even you can talk to the owner of the property about the same builder. They might give you a tip or two that can aid you in making your mind
- The important thing while visiting builder work is to check their construction style. Maybe you find any particular builder style as per your need. This will be plus point for you because it will be easy for you to explain your project to them
- Then meet all your shortlisted builders. This is your final step before finalising the man for the job. Builder personality will tell you a lot about your future collation. As you will be spending the next few months with that person, so you must try to select the builder who is easy to communicate and can work along with you
- But even you have made your mind, try to get price estimation from all the shortlisted builder. This is the only thing that will firm your decision. If your priority builder is getting near budget, then you are hitting a jackpot. Select the same one, write a contract and let them build you a home